Fire caused by gas explosion kills three in Hanoi

Must Read

Fire caused by gas explosion kills three in Hanoi

Firefighters spray water on a burning house in Hoang Mai District, Hanoi, January 3, 2022. Photo: Linh Nhi / Tuoi Tre

Three people were killed in a propane explosion that set fire to a rented house in Hoang Mai District, Hanoi on Monday evening.

An officer of the People’s Committee of Dinh Cong Ward in Hoang Mai District, confirmed the deadly accident on Tuesday morning.

Residents of Alley 18 on Dinh Cong Thuong Street in Dinh Cong Ward heard a loud explosion at around 9:00 pm on Monday.

The roof of a rented house down the alley was blown off by the explosion, before issuing fire and smoke.

Functional forces in Hoang Mai District sent several fire trucks and firefighters to the scene following reports of the blaze.

The scene of a fire caused by a gas explosion in Hoang Mai District, Hanoi, January 3, 2022. Photo: Thuy Lieu / Tuoi Tre

The scene of a fire caused by a gas explosion in Hoang Mai District, Hanoi, January 3, 2022. Photo: Thuy Lieu / Tuoi Tre

The fire was put under control by 10:00 pm on Monday.

However, three victims trapped inside the burning house were already dead.

Officials determined that a propane explosion had caused the fatal accident. A married couple were living in the house in question, according to local residents.

Police officers are currently investigating the accident.

- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest News

Vietnam to host Miss Grand International 2023

A signing ceremony for the agreement to organize Miss Grand International 2023 took place in Ho Chi Minh City...
- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -spot_img