Electric leakage from street lighting system kills two men in southern Vietnam

Must Read

Electric leakage from street lighting system kills two men in southern Vietnam

An electrical technician examines power and communication cables near a street light after an electrocution incident killed two men in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, April 4, 2022. Photo: Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation

Authorities in Binh Duong Province affirmed on Friday that an electric leakage from a public lighting system was the cause of two men’s deaths in the southern Vietnamese province early this week.

The two victims were Son Phen, a 54-year-old bricklayer from the Mekong Delta province of Bac Lieu, and Trinh Thanh Luong, a 49-year-old resident of Thu Dau Mot City in Binh Duong.

Phen suddenly fell to the ground and was knocked unconscious while he was cleaning a concrete mixer following a heavy rain at the construction site of Luong’s new house project on Monday evening.

Luong immediately rushed to turn off the house’s circuit breaker and check Phen’s situation, but also collapsed and got unconscious.

The two men were later declared dead.

An electrical technician examines power and communication cables near a street light after an electrocution incident killed two men in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, April 4, 2022. Photo: Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation
An electrical technician examines power and communication cables near a street light after an electrocution incident killed two men in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, April 4, 2022. Photo: Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation

A unit of the Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation dispatched some technicians to the scene at 6:26 pm on that day.

They found that a piece of a wire behind the galvanometer of the public lighting system was peeled off.

This wire touched the iron pole of a street light, transmitting an electric current to nearby communication cables that were broken and dangling above the ground.

As a result, when the victims worked nearby after the rain and touched the communication cables, they were electrocuted.

The location of the public lighting wire that was peeled off and leaked an electric current through the telecommunications cable system, causing the deaths of two men in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, April 4, 2022. Photo: Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation
The part of the public lighting wire that was peeled off and leaked an electric current through the telecommunications cable system, causing the deaths of two men in Thu Dau Mot City, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam, April 4, 2022. Photo: Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation

The Thu Dau Mot Power Corporation then suggested the Urban Management Bureau of Thu Dau Mot City, which manages the city’s public lighting system, handle the peeled-off lighting wire, remove communication cables no longer in use, and review both systems.

A representative of the People’s Committee of Thu Dau Mot City said on Friday evening that it had yet to receive any report on the case from the city’s Urban Management Bureau.

The city’s police are further investigating the case.

- Advertisement -spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest News

Sumitomo Group and BRG Vietnam discussed with Blue Diamond about residential building managment

On August 31, representatives of Sumitomo Corporation Japan, BRG Group Vietnam, CYFEER Company met with the Vice General Director...
- Advertisement -spot_img

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -spot_img