HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has issued Document No. 829/PA-BVHTTDL on its plan to reopen the tourism sector in the new normal.
Regulations on the reception of international visitors to Việt Nam under the document are now much easier than previous proposals. To enter Việt Nam, international visitors need to meet the following conditions:
– To be a citizen from one of the 13 following states who are entitled to a 15-day visa exemption regardless of passport types and entry purposes, provided they meet all the conditions stipulated by Vietnamese law: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, Russia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Belarus. This rule is valid from March 15, 2022, to March 14, 2025.
– To be foreign nationals, overseas Vietnamese, or relatives who hold sufficient legal papers as regulated (including valid permanent residence cards, temporary residence cards, visas, visa waivers): They do not need to re-apply for personal verification or visa issuance/visa waivers or apply for entry permission by ministries, sectors, or localities.
Testing and vaccination requirements:
– International visitors to Việt Nam (except for children under 2) need to test negative for SARS-CoV-2 prior to their departure by air within 72 hours if using the RT/PCR/RT-LAMP test method or within 24 hours if using the rapid antigen test method as verified by competent authorities of the countries conducting the tests.
– Those who enter Việt Nam by road, railway, or sea can take a test before their departure like air passengers if their travel duration is short. They need to take a test at ports of entry if their travel duration is longer.
– A test is required if an international visitor shows COVID-19 symptoms. If the test result is positive, they must comply with the Ministry of Health’s guidance.
The rule that international arrivals by air have to undergo another test when entering Việt Nam and quarantine requirements are no longer in place. International visitors can engage in tourism activities as soon as they meet these conditions. Entry procedures:
– All international arrivals have to make health declarations at the Tokhaiyte website prior to leaving.
– They must install the PC-COVID application (available on both iOS and Android)
Within 10 days of their entry, international visitors have to self-monitor their health. If showing suspected symptoms (fever; cough; sore throat; runny nose, nasal congestion; aches or pains, tiredness, cold; loss of taste or smell; headache; diarrhoea; shortage of breath; respiratory infection), they have to immediately report to their nearest healthcare establishment to receive guidance and management while practising disease prevention measures (wearing face masks, cleaning hands with sanitiser, etc.).
– International visitors must have health insurance or travel insurance with coverage of at least US$10,000 for COVID-19 treatment.
– International visitors must pay for testing, health quarantine, check-up, treatment expenses, and other costs (if any) themselves.
– If wishing to apply for or having problems with seeking an entry permit, foreign nationals and Vietnamese holding foreign passports can liaise via the following contacts:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for guiding and handling foreigners’ entry, exit, and residence procedures.
Telephone numbers: (+84) 2438 26 0114/ 24 38 26 40 26 (Hà Nội) or (+84) 2839 20 0365 (HCM City).
For more information about entry permit application procedures, visit the website xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn. — VNS